Tuesday, September 20, 2011

I Am A Job Creator...

With all the talk of job creation in the news and media, I sat back to think, "how can I help this situation?"   Then I realized, I already did!  I chose to leave a good paying, highly needed job in a fruitful industry to be a stay-at-home-dad.  Ergo, I created one job.   I guess someone could argue that I'm taking away work from a child care provider...but the ratio for infants is about 6:1...so it is really only taking away 0.17 of a job away.  Looking back, I think it would take two or three professionals to replace me...so I'm still ahead.

If more dads choose to stay home, think of all the job opportunities/openings we would be creating.

I'm out there spending more money during the day with my son than I would working in the office, therefore I'm stimulating the economy too. (anyone who has children knows how much they cost...lots of economic stimulus).  Winning!


My advise, be a good American, help out our plight and have another kid and be a stay-at-home-dad.